The holiday season is here, hoping that the end of 2020 is safe and fun for you!
- Our next meetup will be January 13th at noon via Google Meet. For this lunch meetup our topic will be “2021 Learning Resolutions” and we’ll be talking about what we all hope to learn (and why we want to learn it) next year.
- We’ve cancelled plans for any type of in-person Holiday Meetup, better to do our part to keep everyone safe and look forward to getting together again sometime next year.
- We’re still finalizing the plan, but we’re hoping to continue with one virtual lunch a month, a quarterly evening meetup, and a SQLSaturday in the fall (we’re hoping in-person, but if not it will be virtual). We have not planned any full day classes, too many unknowns at this point.
- Katie will be taking the lead on most of the events next year and putting more time into providing volunteer opportunities (one example is a Social Committee that will work on lunch topics & guests). Andy will be working on documentation and process for all the things we do so that as we bring on new volunteers we’ve got an easy way to show them what to do and how to do it. Look for more details on the volunteer stuff in January.
- While you’re thinking about next year, think about taking the big step of volunteering to speak at one of our events. It’s a fun way to give back and a way to grow some new skills. We’ll be there to coach you to success too.
Pay It Forward
You’ll hear us start to talk about this at every meetup, so much of the value of participating in a local group is paying it forward, in all kinds of ways. We’re going to start sharing stories about our members paying it forward, both to celebrate the effort and to share ideas on how to do it.